The Web/Server Developer position will involve analyzing, setting up, maintaining, and monitoring server architecture to facilitate the resources needed to run a multitude of websites and web portals. Position will also be responsible with gathering requirements from customers and working in collaboration with a group of web designers in creating websites based on those customer requirements. Appropriate documentation for object design decisions, estimating assumptions, software, and performance metrics—as required by organization architecture process standards, or as assigned. Responsible for minimizing the issues between the client and the server applications and for the overall set-up and design of the Internet and Web server architecture.
Some of your job roles will include the following:
– Working with a group of web designers to bring a customer’s web application to life.
– Development, testing, and maintaining these web applications.
– Determining operational feasibility by evaluating software problems and providing solutions.
– Demonstrating solutions and cost estimation for hosting a variety of web applications on cloud based systems such as AWS.
– Aiding in the creation of automated web application deployment tools.
– Improving operations by providing feedback for design decisions, coding practices, and recommending constructive changes to procedures.
– Keeping up-to-date with the most state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment.
– Protecting operations by keeping information confidential.
-Superior facility with Windows, Linux, and MAC operating systems
-Sound familiarity with using MySQL and MS Access in database design and SQL
-Strong use of scripting languages such as BASH and Python.
-Profound creative and analytical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
-High verbal and written communication skills
-Ability to configure and setup web servers such as Apache
-Experience with MySQL database management
-Experience with Amazon Web Services