As an embedded software engineer at Viaan Electronics, you will be tasked with designed and maintaining software for a multitude of products. While working with a mentor and a cross-functional team of engineers, you will have great control on how you wish to handle a software problem. In addition, due to society moving towards connecting every device to the internet (also know as the Internet of Things (IoT), you will have the opportunity to research, learn, and design with some of the most recent technology coming to the market and industry.
Some of your job roles will include the following:
– Developing low-level drivers and application code for embedded devices in C or C++.
– Developing software solutions by studying customer needs, investigating problem areas, and following the software development lifecycle.
– Determining operational feasibility by evaluating software problems and providing solutions.
– Demonstrating solutions by providing documentation, flowcharts, and clear code.
– Participating in code reviews.
– Improving operations by providing feedback for design decisions, coding practices, and recommending constructive changes to procedures.
– Keeping up-to-date with the most state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment.
– Protecting operations by keeping information confidential.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field.
- Embedded firmware development in C and assembly.
- Strong debugging skills
- Knowledge with other programming languages such as Python, C#, or Java.
- Knowledgeable with communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, etc.
- Understands network systems using protocols such as RS485, ZigBee, Bluetooth LE, etc.
- Capability to learn new languages and tools at a quick rate.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with MySQL database management is a plus.
*** Mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ***